Founded: October 1904
Colors: Green and Gold
Flower: Pink Rose
To make better men, and through them a broader and better agriculture by surrounding our members with influences tending to encourage individual endeavor, resourcefulness and aggressive effort along lines making for the development of better mental, social, moral, and physical qualities; to promote a wider acquaintance and a broader outlook on the part of agricultural men through fellowship in a national organization that stands for the best social, mental, and moral development.
What the Fraternity values... what Brothers believe in...
- Consistently perform as a professional, integrity-driven, world class organization committed to the highest of standards and driven to recruit men of the highest potential.
- Always present a positive image of Alpha Gamma Rho in everything we say or do.
- Inspire the pursuit of academic excellence among all our members.
- Encourage lifelong involvement in the colleges and universities we call home.
- Foster lifelong personal development through innovative educational, leadership, and social opportunities.
- Engage all brothers in professional development, promoting lifelong career success.
- Attract members representing the breadth, sophistication, scope, and relevance of agriculture.
- Reflect, value, and advocate diversity in our membership and professional lives.
- Ensure sound financial management and responsibility individually and at all levels of the Fraternity.
- Enthusiastically recognize and reward accomplishments consistent with our Promise and Values.
All men pursuing an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in agriculture, food, fiber, life sciences, natural resources, forestry, environmental or related agricultural fields, as well as men intending to pursue a career in these fields, are eligible for membership.
For more information about Alpha Gamma Rho and our Home Office, please visit our national website.